One Would Think America Would Learn…..
[TWG Note: I’m not sure why I’m spending time doing this anymore. IF YOU DON’T “GET IT” BY NOW, YOU DESERVE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL VERY SOON BE “GETTING”. If, on the other hand, you still have someone in your social circles you wish to help, then please pass this along to them. I won’t help those who won’t help themselves, and it seems the majority of glassy eyed obamaislamocommiezombies are far too brainwashed to even *try*. Good Luck.
It doesn’t take a tempest prognosticator to see where this is heading. If you think the L.A. riots and Katrina were bad, just wait until their master’s unleash them onto our civilized society! You had better lock and load.
B.O. has spent his entire life fomenting this class warfare, racism and bigotry, and his followers are SEETHING with that hatred and violence. They will be coming after YOU and YOUR FAMILY in order to get to your food, water and medical supplies. Because they have no idea how to take care of themselves. Oh, and probably your guns and ammo, too, if they have the spine (or the wrist) to hold one up long enough to shoot you and your family.
B.O.’s glassy eyed minions have been conditioned to believe DEEPLY that what We, The People have worked for all our lives is rightly theirs. Their sense of entitlement and their pure, evil, unadulterated GREED is not only appalling, it’s downright DANGEROUS…….. for them.
They don’t hate evil. THEY HATE THOSE WHO HATE EVIL.
And they deeply believe that what is yours belongs to them. ‘The ends justify the means’, as their masters and messiah continue to say, and they will soon be showing themselves for the beasts they HAVE become.
And let’s keep in mind that looming monster, islam. Do you want to give up your guns now?
NEVER, EVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS.]
(Hat-Tip Don B. for forwarding. Thanks Don!)
Senior fellow at the Cato Institute|
11/27/2011 @ 9:39PM
European Economic Crisis Highlights an Increasingly Important Reason to Oppose Gun Control
About a year ago, I spoke at a conference in Europe that attracted a lot of very rich people from all over the continent, as well as a lot of people who manage money for high-net-worth individuals.
What made this conference remarkable was not the presentations, though they were generally quite interesting. The stunning part of the conference was learning – as part of casual conversation during breaks, meals, and other socializing time – how many rich people are planning for the eventual collapse of European society.
Not stagnation. Not gradual decline. Collapse.
As in riots, social disarray, plundering, and chaos. A non-trivial number of these people think the rioting in places such as Greece and England is just the tip of the iceberg, and they have plans – if bad things begin to happen – to escape to jurisdictions ranging from Australia to Costa Rica (several of them remarked that they no longer see the U.S. as a good long-run refuge).
Well, the U.K. government seems to think things will get worse. Here are some excerpts from the Telegraph.
British ministers privately warned that the break-up of the euro, once almost unthinkable, is now increasingly plausible. Diplomats are preparing to help Britons abroad through a banking collapse and even riots arising from the debt crisis. The Treasury confirmed earlier this month that contingency planning for a collapse is now under way. …Recent Foreign and Commonwealth Office instructions to embassies and consulates request contingency planning for extreme scenarios including rioting and social unrest. …Diplomats have also been told to prepare to help tens of thousands of British citizens in eurozone countries with the consequences of a financial collapse that would leave them unable to access bank accounts or even withdraw cash. …Analysts at UBS, an investment bank earlier this year warned that the most extreme consequences of a break-up include risks to basic property rights and the threat of civil disorder. “When the unemployment consequences are factored in, it is virtually impossible to consider a break-up scenario without some serious social consequences,” UBS said.
Let’s think about what this means, and we’ll start with an assumption that European politicians won’t follow my sage advice and that they’ll instead continue to kick the can down the road – thus making the debt bubble even bigger and creating the conditions for a nasty collapse.
I’ve learned over the years that things are usually never as bad as they seem (or as good as they seem), so I don’t expect that a nightmare situation will materialize, but I certainly can understand why wealthy people have contingency plans to escape.
Part of the answer is to have the ability to protect ourselves and our families. As explained here, firearms are the ultimate guarantor of civilization.
In my discussions and debates about this issue, I’ve traditionally relied on these four arguments:
1. Respect for the Constitution. The Founding Fathers were wise to include “the right of the people to keep and bear arms” in the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment recognizes the value of a well-armed citizenry, and today’s politicians (or courts) shouldn’t be allowed to weaken that fundamental freedom.
2. The presumption of liberty. It’s sometimes said that everything that isn’t expressly forbidden is allowed in the United States, whereas in Europe it’s the other way around, with everything forbidden unless explicitly permitted. This certainly seems to be the case for guns, with most European governments prohibiting firearms ownership for the vast majority of people.
3. Personal protection against crime. As the first image in this post powerfully illustrates, it doesn’t really matter if cops are only a few minutes away when a person only has a few seconds to protect against danger. And since the evidence is overwhelming that gun ownership reduces crime, this is a powerful argument for the Second Amendment.
4. Ability to resist government oppression. Totalitarian governments invariably seek to disarm people, as this poster indicates. And with the majority of the world still living in nations that are not free, private gun ownership is at least a potential limit on thuggish governments.
But perhaps we now need to add a fifth reason:
5. Personal protection against social breakdown. If politicians destroy the economic system with too much debt and too much dependency, firearms will be the first and last line of defense against those who would plunder and pillage.
I hope we never have to find out, but I know which society has a better chance of surviving.