2015 Pro Gun, RKBA Legislation – Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA)
Montana’s once-every-two-years legislative session will begin on Monday, January 5th 2015. When the session convenes, things will happen quickly because the session only lasts 90 working days. You need to be prepared to keep up and weigh in.
Here is a list of the Bills presented by MSSA that are slated to debate during this session. Please familiarize yourselves with these Bills and share the information with your Friends and Family members. Once the Legislature convenes, we are going to need your help to get these passed into law in Montana. Please be prepared!
If you reside in the State of Montana, PLEASE ask your Legislators to support these bills! And if you reside in other States, please work to get similar legislation enacted in your State.
If you’re interested in participating in, and/or keeping track of the progress of MSSA RKBA legislation in Montana this legislative session, the following options are available to you:
1) You may “Like” and “Follow” the MSSA facebook page, which will be updated regularly during the legislative session beginning 01/05/2015. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monta…3426517?ref=hl
2) You may contact MSSA and ask to be added to our legislative update email distribution list: email@example.com
3) For questions and concerns regarding this, or any, legislation the MSSA is currently working on, you may contact the MSSA Legislative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the MSSA Legislative Coordinator facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MSSALegCoord
MONTANA SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION
2015 LEGISLATIVE ISSUES
1. Smokeless powder and primer production. There is a serious threat to our right to bear arms because of narrow, monolithic and federally-controlled manufacture of essential ammunition components, smokeless powder (propellant), primers and cartridge brass. For example, there are only two manufacturers of smokeless powder in the U.S., one plant owned by defense contractor General Dynamics and another owned by defense contractor Alliant Systems (ATK). All other smokeless powder used in the U.S. is imported, and subject to immediate and arbitrary import restrictions. And, General Dynamics and Alliant Systems are subject to a standard condition of military contracts that 100% of their production may be commandeered for military use at any time. Without ammunition, our firearms and our right to bear ammunition are worth nothing. We propose certain incentives to encourage small-scale production of ammunition components in Montana. That model includes offering liability protection to future producers, providing that such producers qualify for existing state assistance with financing, and will include a 20-year tax amnesty from start of business, which would give up zero current tax income to the state but would provide jobs for Montana.
2. Prohibit enforcement of new federal gun laws by Montana public employees. Every week there is talk of a new federal gun control bill, to limit magazine capacity, to outlaw semi-auto rifles, to ban common bullets, to limit the number of firearms a person may own, and many more. The principle has already been established by the U.S. Supreme Court (Printz v. US) that the federal government may not commandeer state and local government employees to implement federal programs. We propose that Montana public employees be prohibited from enforcing, or assisting to enforce, any federal gun laws that are not already in effect.
3. Allow safe travel to work and employee property right inside private vehicles. Employees have a property right to what they choose to carry in their vehicles, whether Bibles, newspapers, or firearms. Employees also have a constitutional right to be equipped to provide for their own personal protection when traveling to and from work. However, many private employers have made it a termination offense for an employee to have a firearm locked in the employee’s vehicle if that vehicle is parked in a company parking lot. Such employers assume no responsibility for employee safety during travel to and from work. We propose that employers be prohibited from firing employees only because that employee has a firearm locked in a privately owned vehicle in a company parking lot. This bill would require that any such firearms also be out of sight from outside the vehicle.
4. “Prohibited Places.” There is a badly-conceived statute at 45-8-328 to regulate “prohibited places.” This law allows anyone to carry a firearm openly in the listed places but prohibits those who have taken training, had a background check, obtained a concealed weapon permit from their sheriff from exercising their CWP in these “prohibited places.” We propose that this archaic and bad law be repealed. There is a backup, alternative solution at:
5. University system gun bans. The people of Montana have reserved from government interference the right to keep or bear arms in the Montana Constitution. The Montana university system is a government entity. The Montana Constitution gives the Board of Regents broad authority to manage the affairs of the U. system, but it gives the Board NO authority whatsoever to suspend, amend or abolish the Constitution and the rights the people have reserved to themselves from government interference. We propose a bill that withdraws all authority from the Board of Regents to restrict firearms on U. system campuses, and then gives back to the U. system narrowly-tailored authority to adopt certain restrictions that are sensible and also defensible under recent federal (Heller and McDonald) and state (Colorado, Oregon and Utah) court cases.
6. Sheriffs First – Law Enforcement Cooperation. Many Montanans, both citizens and people in public office, are concerned about the lack of accountability of federal officers conducting law enforcement operations in Montana. In Montana, we know the county sheriff and he is elected and accountable locally. We believe the sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer in the county, and ought to have the tools to implement that status. MSSA will offer a bill to require federal officers to obtain the written permission of the local sheriff before conducting an arrest, search, or seizure in the sheriff’s county. There are exceptions for federal reservations, Border Patrol, Immigration and Naturalization Service, close pursuit, when a federal officer witnesses a crime that requires an immediate response, if the sheriff or his personnel are under investigation, and other necessary exceptions. This bill was passed by the Legislature in 1995, but was vetoed by the Governor.
7. Sound suppressors illegal for poaching only. Firearm suppressors do not “silence” firearms, but suppress somewhat the noise of the muzzle blast. They do nothing to attenuate the loud crack of the sonic boom as a bullet breaks the sound barrier all along its flight path. Currently, firearm suppressors are illegal for hunting. FWP argues this is necessary for them to be able to catch criminals who poach. We propose a bill to make use of suppressors illegal for poaching only, but not for general hunting. Some argue that use of suppressors for hunting is not “fair chase,” because the hunted animal would not hear the muzzle blast from a hunter’s rifle. This argument ignores physics – that a rifle bullet arrives before the sound of the muzzle blast because the bullet flies faster than the speed of sound. It ignores that a missed shot will startle the game animal with the nearby sonic boom before any sound of muzzle blast arrives. Finally, it ignores the common acceptance of “fair chase” hunting with absolutely silent arrows during archery season.
8. Harmonizing concealed weapon permit (CWP) requirements. Since 1991, a CWP has not been required for a law-abiding person to carry a concealed weapon in 99.4% of Montana – outside the limits of cities or towns. With over two decades of experience that not requiring CWPs for nearly all of Montana has not created any problems, we propose a bill to harmonize the law so a permit will no longer be required for a law abiding person to carry a concealed weapon in the remaining small 6/10ths of 1% of Montana, inside cities and towns. We intend to leave the permitting process in place, so citizens who desire them may still obtain CWPs for travel to other states that recognize Montana CWPs, and for firearm purchases at gun stores under the federal Brady Law. This change would exclude criminals from applicability – it would still be illegal for criminals to carry concealed weapons.
9. Clarify authority of school boards for firearms violations. An underreported tragedy in Montana is the number of students who have been disciplined, many expelled, for forgetting that their hunting rifle was locked in their vehicle, usually from a weekend hunt. When such a condition occurs in a school parking lot, ill-informed administrators usually tell reviewing school boards (incorrectly) that the board has no choice but to expel offending students because of mandatory federal law. However, unknown to these poorly-informed administrators, federal law on the subject specifically excludes from consideration any firearm locked in a vehicle in a school parking lot. About 450 Montana high school students have been expelled, and had their academic aspirations ruined for life, over this issue. We propose a bill to clarify for uninformed administrators and misinformed school boards that firearms locked in a student vehicle does not mandate expulsion, but that school boards have full discretion to apply discipline as needed and appropriate to the ingredients of the incident. This bill would NOT deprive school boards of tools to deal with genuine safety problems, but would clarify that firearms locked in vehicles do not MANDATE student expulsion.
10. Bankruptcy and Arms. Allow up to $5,000 of firearms, archery equipment and ammunition that a person has owned for a year or more to be exempt from claims under bankruptcy.
11. Home Guard. Expand upon existing laws establishing the Montana Home Guard to specify organization, mission, duties, responsibilities and control.
12. Shooting range funding. Montana began using some hunter license money to make matching grants to develop local shooting ranges in 1989. The program to build safe and suitable places for Montana people to shoot was put into state law in 1999, as the Shooting Range Development Program (SRDP). The funds for this program are approved each legislative session in the appropriations process for the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks budget. There are no general tax revenues used for this program, only the money hunters pay for licenses. The 2007 Legislature appropriated $1,000,000 for the SRDP. $600,000 was appropriated in 2009, and about $650,000 in 2011 and 2013. We ask that $1,000,000 be appropriated to the SRDP in the 2014 legislative session, regardless of any FWP opposition to that level of funding.
TWG: WHY hasn’t that FELON been arrested? Any lowly peasant would have been hauled off in handcuffs by now.
Denied: Gun Store Owner Refuses to Hand AR-15 over to Mark Kelly
by AWR Hawkins 26 Mar 2013, 5:55 AM PDT
Diamondback Police Supply owner Douglas MacKinlay has halted Mark Kelly’s attempted purchase of an AR-15 over concerns that Kelly was not in fact buying the gun for himself, and therefore could not have passed question 11a of the NICS background check form 4473.
You’ll recall Kelly’s AR-15 had been on hold for 20 days because it was a trade-in firearm, and during those 20 days Kelly has not been shy about the fact that his plan was to buy the gun and give it to someone else all along….(Con’t)
‘Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities
by Andrew Kirell | 10:26 am, March 3rd, 2013
Appearing on Glenn Beck‘s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.
Carson became a newfound conservative hero last month when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast and laid out a series of criticisms of ObamaCare, political correctness, and tax policy right in front of the president himself. Many called the speech “inappropriate” given the apolitical nature of the event, but many conservatives lauded Carson for his “bold” and “sensible” suggestions for policy reform.
Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”
But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”…(Con’t)
TWG: These companies would be VERY welcomed here in Montana. Besides being a gun-friendly State, we have our “Montana Firearms Freedom Act”, which protects these companies from overreaching federal tentacles.
The Washington Times
Thursday, March 21, 2013
No sooner had Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed three gun-control bills into law Wednesday than the economic backlash began.
Officials at gun equipment manufacturer Magpul Industries confirmed that the company would make good on its vow to leave Colorado if the governor signed the bill to limit ammunition-magazine capacity. The Erie-based manufacturer confirmed on its Facebook page that it will start its transition “almost immediately.
“We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected,” said the company in a statement, adding that it expects to begin manufacturing its PMAG-brand magazines within 30 days of the bill-signing.
Magpul may be the first firearms-related business to relocate as a result of state gun-control laws, but it probably won’t be the last. Companies in Connecticut, Maryland and New York are considering moves to more gun-friendly pastures as their state legislatures act on restrictive firearms measures similar to those pushed through by state Democrats here.
Founded in 1999, Magpul stands as a relative newcomer to the firearms business, but even companies with hundreds of years of history in their states may look to relocate as a result of political shifts.
In New York, where Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed laws banning so-called assault weapons and limiting magazine capacity to seven rounds, venerable gun manufacturer Remington Arms is being wooed by officials in at least a half-dozen other states.
Molon Labe! the Movie: An Oath Keepers Nation-Wide Call To Action
by Elias Alias, Oath Keepers editor * February 25, 2013
We are going to talk about Molon Labe! the movie, but first, allow me to just say that I am chuckling up my sleeve in the wake of the Obama Administration’s all-out assault on the Constitution and its Second Amendment. Why? There are several reasons. For one thing, Obama has done more for gun sales than anyone in history. Also, he has with this one major goof, awakened millions of Americans to the direness of our time in history. Additionally, he has alerted the liberty movement on both sides of the aisle to the fact that the General government now feels big enough to finally take full control over the American people by asserting some vague, opaque, and presumed authority to actually disarm a free people across the board, Left and Right and all in between. Finally, Obama has made liars of the ADL and the SPLC in a most costly way. Let me explain:
When Oath Keepers formed in 2009 we were attacked by the media (Hardball and the O’Reilly Factor etc.) and by private-sector think tanks such as the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) and the SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center). We were described as “anti-government” and “extremists” and “conspiracy theorists”.
All who attacked us publicly with such slurs have since shut up about us, silenced by the actions of their fearless leader, President Obama. Obama is not only the most successful gun salesman in American history – he also has trashed his cheerleaders dandily by doing exactly what they chirped he never would do – such as come for our guns.
Indulge me for one brief example please. This is what the ADL published about Oath Keepers in 2009:
One manifestation of the ideology of resistance was the creation in March 2009 of the Oath Keepers, an anti-government group that tries to recruit police and military personnel and veterans. Members refuse to obey hypothetical “orders” from the government, “orders” that speak more to their own paranoid and conspiratorial beliefs than to any realistic government action. The “orders” the Oath Keepers refuse reveal their extreme conspiratorial mindset, because the “orders” are not instructions ever likely to be actually handed down by Obama or his officials; instead, they are reflective of the anti-government conspiracy theories embraced by the extreme right. The first “order,” for example, that they refuse to follow is any order “to disarm the American people.”
The ADL scoffed at the very first of our “Ten Orders We Will Not Obey” –
1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.
Again: The ADL said, “The ‘orders’ the Oath Keepers refuse [to obey] reveal their extreme conspiratorial mindset, because the ‘orders’ are not instructions ever likely to be actually handed down by Obama or his officials…”
Well, that was then, and this is now. Obama most certainly wants our guns, and one of his champions put it this way –
ANTI-GUN is ANTI-GOV
So the anti-gun lobby calls Oath Keepers “anti-gov”, when in reality Oath Keepers is supporting the very document which created the General government by calling for the reinstatement in every State and County of the Constitutional Militia. That is what government is supposed to be doing, as Dr. Edwin Vieira points out clearly. The Second Amendment contains the only item which the Constitution says is “Necessary” – “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State….”. Nothing else in the Constitution is said to be “Necessary”.
So the conflict is actually between anti-gov /anti-gun forces and the patriots who are demanding that the General government get back into its Constitutional box of enumerated duties. In reality, the criminal-minded anti-gun movement is actually the anti-gov movement, and Oath Keepers is not related to either. You may ask how I can say that. It’s simple, really.
Your right and duty to keep and bear arms as an individual member of the Constitutional Militia is mentioned in four places in that founding legal charter which created the government, is it not? The Militia is mentioned three times in the main body of the Constitution and once in the ten Amendments which were enshrined in the Constitution prior to ratification – the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., has laid this out very nicely in his extraordinary book, “The Sword And Sovereignty”.
THE “M” WORD
Since the Constitution created the General Government, anyone who would go against the Constitution must be the real culprit who is “anti-government”. Oath Keepers supports the entire Constitution as written, but the ADL is hell-bent on ignoring the importance of the Constitution’s denotative statements which require that the States have and maintain their respective Militias. So in fact, it is the ADL which is “anti-government” because of the ADL’s participation with the Gun-control Lobby, which supports Obama’s attack on the right and duty of Americans to keep and bear arms.
In fact, Dr. Vieira’s book is a scholarly history of the Militia of the several States and is rendered with superb Constitutional contexts by the man I think to be America’s foremost authority on the original intent of the Founders. Dr. Vieira’s book is so powerful that it has inspired James Jaeger of Matrix Entertainment to commission a new film based on the book. And that new film is what I want to inspire everyone reading this to support big time, right now.
James Jaeger has a collection of remarkable documentary films produced in the highest of standards. He has completed five already and his sixth is now progressing nicely. Named “Molon Labe”, this newest in his Constitution series of documentaries is packed with experts which include Stewart Rhodes, Chuck Baldwin, and Sheriff Mack, three of our favorite Oath Keepers. But also in the film is Ron Paul, G. Edward Griffin, Pat Buchanan, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, Larry Pratt, Catherine Austin Fitts, and other serious thinkers who are devoted to educating Americans about the deeper meanings in our Constitution.
MOLON LABE! The MOVIE
Molon Labe: How The Second Amendment Guarantees America’s Freedom is the definitive movie about the Militia of the several States.
This past week James Jaeger and I enjoyed a long conversation. James is the quality film maker who specializes in Constitutional documentaries. He has five wonderful films in his Constitution Collection. All of those movies are now available online for free downloading and viewing. Click here –
Ron Paul and G. Edward Griffin and Edwin Vieira are regulars in each of James’ movies, and Pat Buchanan often joins in along with varied other experts. James’ sixth documentary film is all about the Militia of the several States. Because Oath Keepers is the one organization which has the guts to stand up for the whole Second Amendment, James has offered us a wonderful opportunity to help with the production of this film Molon Labe!
As James has stated already –
For those of you who haven’t seen the new trailer – complete with donor and producer credits as of 09 Feb 2013 — it’s up at http://youtu.be/YBshf2BL5Zc This trailer has a clip of Ron Paul, G. Edward Griffin, Stewart Rhodes and Pastor Chuck Baldwin’s interviews. We will include a clip from Larry Pratt’s interview as soon as it comes in from our DC-VA camera unit.
(EA note: That interview with Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America has been filmed already and will be in studio first week of March, whereupon a clip of Mr. Pratt will be added to our public trailer.)
Let us note something about the NRA, while thinking of GOA. Last week I posted an article at Oath Keepers national about a Massachusetts town which has just thrown out the Obama-styled “assault weapons ban”. At the town hall meeting where this was announced the packed house gave a standing and hearty ovation. In response, the president of the NRA had this to say on the record –
[quoting] The NRA’s David Keene responded to the decision with the organization’s standard middle-of-the-road defense of the Second Amendment and the Bill of Rights.
“One of the things that people in these town meetings and other folks ought to look at is the constitution itself. It is possible and it is legal to put certain restrictions on second amendment rights,” he said, “but those kinds of restrictions have to be looked at very critically.”
When I pointed that out to James Jaeger and a few friends, one replied back to me –
Some suspect that Mr. Keene may be expressing the conventional wisdom that no constitutional rights are “absolute”, but that all of them are subject to some “regulation”. On the general level, this is probably less than accurate as a “right” implies freedom of action, whereas a “regulation” implies some curtailment of that freedom. So, if there is a “right”, to that extent there can be no “regulation”; and if there is “regulation”, to that extent there can be no “right”. It would be safe to wager that 95+% of the legal profession holds a similar view as the NRA and probably has never questioned it because this is what they were taught in law “schools”, and this is the method of “analysis” used currently in the courts. Thus, I imagine that Mr. Keene is less malicious than he is misinformed. Unfortunately, this may be the way most of the hierarchy in the NRA, and the NRA’s Second Amendment “defenders”, also think. There may be room for a more conservative interpretation of the Second Amendment.
And James Jaeger adds –
Like Larry Pratt, Wayne LaPierre, the CEO of the NRA, has also been taking intense abuse from the gun-control lobby. Can you IMAGINE how this abuse would escalate were the NRA to acknowledge that gun ownership serves basically FIVE purposes, not just THREE?! The three everyone talks about are: 1) target practice, 2) hunting, and 3) self-defense, but the other two almost never mentioned are: 4) deterrent against tyranny AND 5) participation in the “Militia of the several States”. Why are 4 and 5 almost never mentioned even though the Founders mention the Militia in four separate places in the U.S. Constitution? If the Founders mention deterrent and Militia, but few others mention them, is this not be a serious red flag?
MOLON LABE – How the Second Amendment Guarantees America’s Freedom, now in production, will address this red flag and discuss how an application of the Constitution can remedy most of the problems WE THE PEOPLE currently have with our government and our nation’s security.
If you view this brief three minute trailer and look at the opening credits you’ll see that James wants Oath Keepers to play a prominent role in the production of the film. That is important for Oath Keepers, because this movie is going to be the hottest movie in the patriot movement this year. It is important to Oath Keepers that all of our members feel a sense of involvement, and personal pride in the production and distribution of this movie.
Therefore I am calling on each patriot reading this to voluntarily do two things now, and one other thing later after the film goes public.
First, please donate to this movie: For online donations: http://www.molon.us/donate/ The reason I am asking for donations is to hurry the film along to completion. As more money comes in, the completion date comes much sooner. Oath Keepers thinks that this film is very important and because of our nation’s precarious balance under the threat of outright tyranny we would like to see this movie completed by early summer. That is entirely possible if enough of us donate to the project. Think of it as an Oath Keepers project, something each of us can do in the comfort of our own homes, yet it is something with huge power when all of us pitch in together.
For checks or money orders or wire transfers:
Matrix Entertainment Corp., 223 W. Lancaster Ave., Devon, PA 19333. To arrange for a direct bank deposit or a confidential donation, please contact us by the above address, email us at email@example.com or call us at (212) 933-9374. Thank you.
Secondly, please pass this article around to your friends and email lists, and tell people about the movie.
James’ FIAT EMPIRE went viral during Ron Paul’s 2008 campaign as the Tea Party awakened to the ominous problems inherent with the Federal Reserve System. More than five million Americans downloaded that film. Because of today’s political climate, laced as it is with unbelievable tension and pre-revolutionary stress, Molon Labe! will fare even better – with our help. As a total tool for Oath Keepers’ Reach, Teach, and Inspire program, nothing could be a greater blessing.
Oath Keepers is presently launching “Operation Molon Labe! Counties”. Molon Labe! the movie is a positive asset for that project. The sooner it’s out to the public, the better for our Counties.
Oath Keepers is currently launching our “Molon Labe! Pledge”. Again, Molon Labe! the movie authenticates that stance by Oath Keepers.
Thirdly, after the film is released to the public this summer, please hold screenings in your local area, your civic and public groups, even home viewing parties, so that you’re doing your part in preparing your County to be a Molon Labe! County. This movie will not only validate Oath Keepers courageous stance in calling for the reinstatement of the Constitutional Militia of the several States, it also will give a huge boost to Sheriff Mack’s Constitutional Sheriffs And Peace Officers Association by adding another dimension to his traditional Posse.
So those are reasons why Oath Keepers is now asking for your support in helping James Jaeger and Matrix Entertainment launch “Molon Labe!”, the movie. My Friends, it’s time! I’m all in. Join me! Do it for Oath Keepers! Do it for America the Beautiful!
Message From James Jaeger
A new website has been created for MOLON LAB at http://www.molon.us At this site you can read the script, listen to the narration, review the budget, see what experts are in the show and watch additional clips.
MOLON LABE will be our sixth film on the U.S. Constitution. FIAT EMPIRE, featuring Ron Paul, was the first and this went viral, won a Telly Award and hit #1 on the Internet three times. You can watch FIAT EMPIRE, and the other four films, as a free public service at http://www.YouTube.com/OriginalIntentDoc More than 15,000 people watch these movies every day, so word IS getting out.
But we need your help to complete MOLON LABE quickly. Time is of the essence. If the gun-control lobby gets a “law” passed to require universal background checks, it’s only a short step to universal registration and universal confiscation. Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and extreme statists in today’s gun-control lobby know the drill well. So PLEASE disseminate this email. Put all or part of it up on your website and donate what you can by going to http://www.molon.us/donate Multiple donations can be accumulated to earn screencredits farther up the producer chain.
Thank you for all you have done and your attention to this important project,
Final note from Ol’ Elias – Please make sure that you let James know that your donation came from Oath Keepers – it will help him keep tabs on how well our organization helped produce this movie. Also, if you cannot donate, please at least send a postcard to James at the address above to let him know you’ll be spreading the word for the movie. And please do pass this article around to everyone. This is a work which we all can do and will have positive effects. Even better, we can all learn about our history and the fine points of the Constitution while we’re at it.
Time’s up. This is the time. Dr. Vieira has given us a plan which will work as we take back our country at the County and State level. It’s non-violent in the tradition of Martin Luther King and Gandhi, it’s Constitutional, and this one can actually work! Seize this vision. Catch the Spirit of 1776! Do it now.
Thank You, Oath Keepers! Hoooahh!
Elias Alias, editor
This article can be viewed at the Oath Keepers website: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/02/25/molon-labe-the-movie-an-oath-keepers-nation-wide-call-to-action/
TWG: One of these days, hopefully soon, Americans who still care about the future of this Nation and for our children will rise up and show these ignorant, gun grabbing bitches why our Second Amendment was written.
Anti-Gun Proposal Yanked After ‘Hundreds’ of Pro-Gun Supporters Turn Out
One of liberals’ favorite arguments for the impermanence of the Second Amendment is the argument that, because the prefatory clause of the amendment discusses “a well-regulated militia,” the right to keep and bear arms is only protected in a militia context. Now it appears that at least one local official in a deep blue state tried to put that theory to the test and failed. From the Westford Eagle of Westford, Massachusetts:
A gun control debate that was meant to bring discussion to the Town Meeting floor fizzled in Westford last night (Feb. 20) when Selectman Robert Jefferies withdrew his warrant article seeking to amend the town’s firearms bylaw.[…]
CONTINUE READING: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/21/mass-town-politicians-bizarre-militia-and-anti-gun-proposal-yanked-after-hundreds-of-pro-gun-supporters-turn-out/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter